Aug 1, 2015

Goldbug jungle jam sketch

I was reading an old comic by Walt Simonson and Mike Mignola called "Wolverine- The Jungle Adventure," and got inspired to draw something on a similar theme, using my character "Goldbug."

This was done using Chartpak markers, which I've somehow never messed with before. I'm kind of impressed by how Seventies professional they seem. Is that a thing, Seventies professional? That's how they strike me.

(Now, the black marker is non-toxic; the gray marker is "known to the state of California to cause cancer." Not that the Seventies professional would care or anything, but let me tell you, the smell of that thing really is a serious chemical cocktail. I can understand how California probably took one whiff of these babies and was like, "Uh-uh. Take it to Alabama, Chartpak, or some other hick state where they don't pre-sniff the markers." )




1 comment:

  1. This is another fine mess that you've gotten the esteemed Goldbug into, Mister Rocks. Shame on you!

    Is that a cannibal that I see in the background? A headhunter, perhaps?

    Alas, the world is fated to suffer from never knowing, since you're Hell-bent on never giving the world even a bare modicum of the fellow. You dare to hoard him to yourself.

    Know that this is more shame heaped upon your head, Mister Rocks. It is all that I can do to finish off this cinnamon roll that my taste buds are exploding with delight over.

    Your work is so steeped in seriousness that it makes me wonder whether you can simply draw for the pure fun of it.

    I don't know what Chartpak markers are. I can't even pronounce Chartpak, in fact. But, I do love me some Goldbug.

    ReplyDelete